Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Gone Rogue Discord

Good Hunting....

Go down 
+2
majorlg
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Just wanted to say good hunting last night to those that stuck it out, even if they didnt have all the "right" gear. Definitely pretty nail biting... We went from the hunters, to the hunted, and back to the hunters up close and personal. Good tactics kept us from getting out maneuvered and although Maj got dinged up, we all came out out victorious..

Good hunting... PS Maj - make sure we check your gear for ruined items seeing that you took some lead...

Quote :

Army Spc. Thomas Wilson: Why do we soldiers have to dig through local landfills for pieces of scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass to up-armor our vehicles? And why don;t we have those resources readily available to us?

Rumsfeld: It isn't a matter of money. It isn't a matter on the part of the army of desire. It's a matter of production and capability of doing it. As you know, ah, you go to war with the army you have---not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.---You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up...
Back to top Go down
majorlg

majorlg

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:35 pm

It's just a flesh wound.  I drank a Pipsi before bed and feel good as new.  I'll be pissed if my fire extinguisher took a round.
Back to top Go down
jim
Admin
jim

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

I had to bandage a couple of times. The guy on the roof was using the sks and he tagged me. Alas, as MajorLaag has stated, it was but a flesh wound. That was a lot of fun last night though. I still wonder if the guy on the towers bled out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keenantech.com
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:39 pm

The guy on the office roof must've watched us or one of us(not sure I would've volunteered to be the guy he sent out to take on 3 guys) coming from the hillside and sent his later to be dead lackie out to greet us.

Have to pay attention more than we were. Wonder if he was looking for or was the guy we were hunting that was shooting.

Anyways. Have to remember if you can see an area or rooftop good chance they can see you.

Anyways good team work staying tight but not on top of each other and knowing where each other was at. Was definitely good for maj the tango had that helmet on.

Back to top Go down
jim
Admin
jim

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 pm

They helmet guy was the one we were fighting when we were on the other side of the valley.
Back to top Go down
BullDog

BullDog

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:46 pm

We lost Karl, AG, and Rambo last night......

The good news is we took out 3 or 4 of them also.
Back to top Go down
jim
Admin
jim

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Again a pretty intense night. Just the feeling of sheer terror as you know the building is surrounded and you have lost a few friends. I did hit the last guy I shot at, just not in a place to do a lot of damage. Tonight should be some happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:16 am

Another good night of hunting. Minus Major and Rambo getting shot...

Communication - Rambo you need to start communicating your movements better. "Im coming around front" "Im entering your building" "Im moving here..."

The first shot I took at you outside - you and Major were out the backside and said you were covering the back. You never mentioned "Im coming around to the front side" etc... If you dont want shot please report your position as your moving. I have no idea the layout of the building on that side and the next thing I see is a guy on the corner looking at me and doesnt say anything until you get fired at.

In the house. Evidentally you were more concerned about looting than the active situation we had going on trying to cover the doorway, getting AG back alive. We had a guy relogin in that building downstairs where AG was laying with a weapon - I killed him. I heard another login (you hear their weapon clicking and arming when they join) - so I go to check our building - and I see a player kneeling looking down (exactly how a player looks when they join in - happened to Jim and I at the airfield earlier) and I ask "who is this" NO FREAKING ANSWER, I ASK ONE MORE TIME - NOTHING - you dont say a word until I open fire.

Outside I fired before asking because no one said they were coming to the front side of the building and they could have easily came to that corner from the Hospital. Inside I hesitated shooting first and asked who is this only because I knew it was "supposed" to be us in that building - but someone logged in.

Sorry there are no name tags or distinct uniforms to tell people apart - and hesitating - which I did in this case - can get you killed. Although it could still be someone else with the same gear - we need something to identify us. In a situation like that getting ready to clear a known enemy controlled house - you dont have time to ask is that you, wave, etc - just please open your mouth and announce your movements.

We lost Maj at the end because another one of their guys (total of 2) combat logged into the server and opened the door and headshot maj up those stairs - we had several exchanges through the door - as Cat was moving to flank from the outside and then the server crashed.

So please announce your movements and respond when asked who is this. We would have had time to loot stuff after the situation was under control. You had a weapon and ammo - in the middle of a fight what else did you need...

Once again, greed got you killed by friendly fire...
Back to top Go down
Rambo-[USMC]

Rambo-[USMC]

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:59 pm

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Another good night of hunting. Minus Major and Rambo getting shot...

In the house. Evidentally you were more concerned about looting than the active situation we had going on trying to cover the doorway, getting AG back alive. We had a guy relogin in that building downstairs where AG was laying with a weapon - I killed him. I heard another login (you hear their weapon clicking and arming when they join) - so I go to check our building - and I see a player kneeling looking down (exactly how a player looks when they join in - happened to Jim and I at the airfield earlier) and I ask "who is this" NO FREAKING ANSWER, I ASK ONE MORE TIME - NOTHING - you dont say a word until I open fire.

Um. NO.

1. We were covering the back, but since there was no way in or out of the back there wasn't really much to cover there. When you announced that you and AG were going in the front, I moved up to the corner in an effort to assist the move inside. Honestly, with the bad guys inside, Maj and I in the back and you and AG in the front, I think its pretty unlikely that a bad guy would get past all of us to get to the corner of the building and then NOT be shooting at you in the front. How you didnt kill me there, I will never know as you practically emptied a clip at me.

2. We had cleared the house and I had been upstairs for several minutes before you shot me. Those were pretty tight quarters and we didn't need 3 or 4 of us stepping on each other's dicks to cover one entrance. So yeah, I was in that room looting the dead guy because I felt it was the safest thing to do. You said "who is this" once, and before I could answer you opened fire on me.

Of course it's all my fault, and has nothing to do with your itchy trigger finger. My greed...my lack of communication.... blah blah blah.

Has anyone tried using the spray paint to see if we can mark backpacks or clothing with an "X" or something so we can identify ourselves? Not that some trigger happy asshat wouldnt still blow away friendlies with a big "X"  on their chest, but for most of us it might be quite useful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donmallon.com
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 pm

All I can suggest if you want to stay alive in situations like that (around me) is to please let people know where you are at and when your moving out. Would've stopped me from shooting at you all three times. "Moving around the front" "Im in this 2nd floor room looting the guy that Maj made an awesome headshot on" and "I'm coming into town, in this building" would've saved me ammo all three times and spared you running for miles.
Back to top Go down
majorlg

majorlg

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

The server crashed?  That bastard got away?

My own observations...there's a lot going on, it's confusing keeping track of everyone, identification is difficult and the fact that someone can log in and wind up beside you is an issue.  

I would suggest we ALWAYS work in pairs or as a team, nobody should ever be alone.  A couple nights ago on the hill we had good team coverage and it worked.  We kept extending our flank and communicating and when it got hot and I was taking lead, Karl had my back and killed the guy who winged me. 

I also think we need to adopt a a standard doctrine of ALWAYS announcing BEFORE we open a door or round a corner in any situation where we're on alert.  If you don't announce, you get shot.  When I was covering the door, it opened and for a brief second I had a shot but didn't take it because I knew Cat was coming up on the house and I thought that might be him.  That hesitation likely killed me because two minutes later, the same dude got off a lucky head shot.

I view it all as a good learning experience.  On the plus side, I count we got 4 of them...the one out back, the one I shot upstairs, the one Karl shot upstairs, the one who logged in downstairs.  Well technically 5 if you count Karl killing Ram...
Back to top Go down
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:03 pm

My count was 4 as well and I dinged the 5th...

For them to choose that building across from the Hospital has me thinking they like running and controlling that area and maybe use that building as their fallback point... I would love to find that server and head back there to watch. That's probably who was working that whole area Hospital to Fire Station to sniper hill....

Was even thinking that it could be their server as it coincidentally crashed right in the middle of that.

1 more minute Cat was going to have a clear shot on the guy fixated with our door.
Back to top Go down
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Minus a few learning experiences, that was pretty intense - we did a good job moving up to and taking control of that house, good tactics and maneuvering.

If we get a chance like that again, and their guy might just be unconscious, it would be funny to handcuff and heal him up.
Back to top Go down
BullDog

BullDog

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:19 pm

When we all had headlamps on, that was the easiest way for me to see who was friendly or not.

Everyone wears the helmets, I know it helps save you from headshots. Just saying......

The cowboy hats might work? Not sure if it stands out for the enemy to see better.....

I have tried the spray paint, but I can't get it to spray.
Back to top Go down
jim
Admin
jim

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Now wait one god damned minute.

ok, continue your conversation.
Back to top Go down
DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

DontTreadOnMe ~ Karl

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Headlamps wouldnt have stood out good enough at the distance I first shot at Rambo - about 50ft... Maybe when I killed him it would have - that was about 8 feet - lol
Back to top Go down
Cat

Cat

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 pm

I guess since I wasn't right next to you all and was watching your backs the kill I got after Jim fell off the hospital didn't count?

Good job everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Hunting.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Hunting....   Good Hunting.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Hunting....
Page 1 of 1